The Texas A&M University-Texarkana's Texas Superintendent Certification Preparation Program is aligned to the Texas Superintendent Standards and the Test Framework of the Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES) through four courses (12 SCH) and 20 additional hours of conferences and/or training approved by program faculty. The 160-hour internship must be completed in a Texas school district. The Superintendent Certification Program at A&M-Texarkana offers two delivery models:
1. Fully online program with comprehensive support for passing the Superintendent certification exam. New cohorts start each semester.
All courses are delivered fully online and can be completed in two semesters. Note: faculty will assist students in the online program, not living or working in Texas to find a suitable Texas district in which to complete the practicum. For more information, please contact Dr. Kathy Lease at email@example.com or (903) 334-6686.
2. Texas A&M University – Texarkana is proud to be in a collaborative partnership with Region 8 Education Service Center for the Ratliff Academy for School Executives.
Students in this program attend monthly seminars held at Region 8 in Pittsburg, TX. Applications accepted each fall and start date begins late January. The Ratliff Academy prepares future school superintendents using innovative tools and a cohort model. For further information, please contact Jeff Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (903) 640-6632.
- Admission to the Superintendent Preparation Program
- Minimum 3.50 GPA in graduate work
- Copy of Mid-Management/Principal Certificate on file
Requirements must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office by the designated deadline of first semester of enrollment. Students must apply for the certificate Program through the TK20 System on the website.