Drop and Withdrawal Policies

Student Responsibility

It is the student’s responsibility to submit the completed paperwork to the Registrar’s Office if they wish to be dropped or withdrawn from their classes.  The request to drop/withdraw will be processed as of the date the request is received in the Registrar’s Office.  Incomplete forms will not be accepted or processed by the Registrar's Office.  It is the responsibility of the student to ensure all required information is provided on the form, and is submitted to the Registrar's Office by the deadline.

Students who will not be attending for the semester and wish to drop ALL courses for the semester, MUST submit a drop/withdraw form to the Registrar's Office in order to officially withdraw from the university for the semester.   Students should not assume they will be administratively dropped for non-attendance or dropped for non-payment.   

Additional information, deadlines and forms can be found on the Registrar website.

Dropping a Course

A student who wishes to drop a course but remain enrolled in at least one course must submit a drop/withdraw form to the Registrar’s Office.  (See “Limitation on Dropping Courses”).  Note: Instructors will not assign a grade for a course dropped officially before the last day to drop or withdraw from the semester.

Once the semester/session has started, a student must obtain and complete the “Drop or Withdrawal Request Form” on the Registrar's Office website. The student must obtain the instructor's signature for each course he/she would like to drop.  The signature is not an approval to drop, but rather confirmation that the student has discussed the drop or withdrawal with the faculty member.  Students must log into their Web for Students account to submit the drop/withdraw form.

The Registrar's Office will not accept for processing any drop or withdrawal forms missing any of the required information.  The student must take responsibility to ensure that the form is complete before submission.  If a student stops participating in class (attending and submitting assignments) but does not complete and submit the drop or withdrawal form, the instructor will assign a final grade based upon the work that he or she completed as outlined in the syllabus. 

Student's must complete all steps by the last day to drop or withdraw for the term or session as printed in the academic calendar or on the Registrar's Office website.

Withdrawing from the University

To withdraw voluntarily from all courses at the university, students must complete the "Drop or Withdrawal Request Form" through their Web for Students account. Courses that students have abandoned without official withdrawal will result in a grade of “F,” regardless of the time when the student ceased to attend class.

The administration may withdraw a student from the university involuntarily for non-payment of fees, failure to attend or participate in developmental classes (administrative drop policy), misrepresenting facts on the application for admission, failure to secure the required transcript(s) from colleges and universities that he or she attended, failure to document required TSI status, or as a result of disciplinary suspension. If the administration withdraws the student involuntarily, he or she is not entitled to a refund of tuition and fees