Refund of Fees

The university bases refunds for drops or withdrawals on the total tuition the student pays. Students who drop or withdraw are responsible for any remaining tuition payments.  Note:  The semester’s first class day is always the first official day of the semester, not the first day of an individual’s class.

  • A student withdrawing officially in a fall or spring term will receive a refund of fees according to the following scale:
Prior to the first class day of the semester100 percent
During the first five (5) class days of the semester80 percent
During the second five (5) class days of the semester70 percent
During the third five (5) class days of the semester50 percent
During the fourth five (5) class days of the semester25 percent
After the fourth (5) class days of the semesterNone
  • A student withdrawing officially in a summer term will receive a refund of fees according to the following scale:
Prior to the first class day of the semester100 percent
During the first, second, or third class day of the semester80 percent
During the fourth, fifth, or sixth class day of the semester50 percent
Seventh day of class and thereafterNone
  • Students who drop courses within the first 12 class days of a fall or spring term or within the first four (4) days of a summer term will receive a full refund for those courses dropped provided the student remains enrolled for that semester. The university calculates refunds for courses, which a student drops and from which a student later withdraws according to the schedules above.
  • The university will process refunds for mini-terms according to the schedule for summer terms.
  • If a scheduled course fails to materialize by reason of lack of required students, the university will refund all fees for the course.
  • The university will not refund fees for audited courses.

The university calculates withdrawal refund for students paying in installments as follows:

100% means he or she will receive a 100% refund of tuition paid.
80% means he or she will receive a refund of 30% (50% paid less 20% owed = 30% refund).
70% means he or she will receive a refund of 20% (50% paid less 30% owed = 20% refund).
50% means he or she will not receive a refund and does not owe any additional tuition (50% paid less 50% owed = 0).
25% means he or she owes an additional 25% of total assessed tuition (50% paid less 75% owed = 25% balance due).