TRIO Student Support Services is a 100% federally funded grant by the U.S. Department of Education with an annual budget of $261,888. Services, support, and resources are FREE and available to any student who completes the application and qualifies for the program.
An A&M-Texarkana TRIO SSS applicant must:
- be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance;
- be enrolled at the A&M-Texarkana or accepted for enrollment for the next academic term; and
- have a need for academic support to pursue successfully a post-secondary curriculum
Federal eligibility applies if you are/have at least ONE of the following:
- first-generation (parents/guardians do not have a Bachelor’s degree)
- low-income (according to federal guidelines)
- a documented disability
Some of our services and benefits are:
- Tutoring & Academic Support
- Financial Literacy & Economic Literacy Education
- Academic Advising
- Professional Development
- Cultural/Educational Events
Contact us at TRIOSSS@tamut.edu; or visit the TRIO SSS website.