Master of Education (MEd)-Education Leadership; Principal as Instructional Leader Certification
Education Leadership (EDLD) provides a Principal Certification Program at A&M-Texarkana offering 1) a 30-hour Master’s Degree in Education Leadership or 2) a 24-hour Principal Certification-Only program. Both programs provide students with the necessary skills to become effective school administrators within today’s educational climate. Courses are delivered fully online and emphasize quality interactions between the instructor and student. The format for courses is tailored to meet the demands of today’s busy professional educator and graduate student. Should you have programmatic questions regarding the Master’s Degree or Principal Certification Program, please contact Dr. Trisha Gerrish Ray at Trisha.Ray@tamut.edu for assistance.
Unique Features of This Program
- Small class sizes
- Practitioner-based skills
- Program can be completed in 1 1/2 years or less
- Delivered to meet the needs of working students: always web-enhanced evening classes
- Graduate application and processing fee ($30 for US citizens/permanent residents, $50 for international applicants) via program website.
- Official TOEFL scores are taken within the last two years (international students only)
- Baccalaureate degree
- Recommendation of cumulative 3.0 GPA or 3.0 GPA in last 60 hours of an undergraduate degree program
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Official scores on the Miller's Analogy Test (MAT Recommended) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) in Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing (<5 years old). We will use the top two scores.
- Students must apply for this certificate program through the TK20 System. Refer to program website.
Requirements must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office by the designated deadline of first semester of enrollment.