Undergraduate Educator Preparation Program
2016-2017 Admission Requirements
Traditional Undergraduate Teacher Preparation Program
Applications for admission to the Teacher Preparation Program are accepted in September for the following spring semester and in February for the following fall semester.
- Application to program submitted through TK20, to include the following:
- Disposition Survey
- Code of Ethics Reflection Statement
- Completed FERPA form
- Overall GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Completion of Pre-Content TExES, an Oral-Language Assessment, and a Writing Sample at required TPP Orientation
- Completed hours in content area:
- For grades 4-8 or 7-12 Science or Math content area certifications, candidates must have 15 semester hours from content area with no grade below "C." All other 4-8/7-12 certification candidates must have completed 12 semester hours in content area with no grade below "C."
- For EC-6 certifications, 12 semester hours from the list below (no grade below “C")
- Demonstrate College Level Skills by one of the following ways:
Out of Country Applicants
Out of country applicants to the teacher preparation program must meet ONE of the following:
- Verification of satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language- Internet Based Test (TOEFL-IBT). All four portions (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) are used to calculate the score. Only a passing score on the Speaking portion is required at this time. The acceptable passing score on the Speaking portion is 26.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree outside of the U.S. where English was the primary language of instruction
- Verification of three creditable years of teaching experience in an educational setting in the U.S.
For Admission to Block #1 Semester
- A Notice of Intent for Block #1 semester submitted in TK20 in September for the following spring semester and in February for the following fall semester.
- Must have completed ED 321, ED 311, SPED 410, with appropriate grade
- Minimum of 2.80 GPA overall; no grade below "C" in upper-division courses
- Essay submitted and Criminal History background cleared
- Positive school district interview
For Admission to the Block #2 Co-Teaching Semester
- Passing scores on all required TExES examinations
- Successful completion of Block #1 semester as determined by Director of Teacher Preparation Program
- Maintain 2.80 cumulative GPA ; no grade below "C" in upper-division courses