Transfer Student Admissions
The university considers an applicant a transfer student if the applicant has attempted any college level credit hours at a regionally accredited institution after high school graduation or upon completion of their General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Transfer applicants must be eligible to enroll at all colleges or universities previously attended.
In order to be considered for transfer admissions, you must have:
- any post secondary transferable credit in a full term (Fall or Spring) after high school/GED completion. If a student only attends the summer term immediately following high school completion they will still be considered a freshman and;
- 2.0 grade point average (GPA) or higher
To begin the admissions process:
- Apply Online
- Pay the $30 application fee
- This fee is non-refundable
- You can pay at the time you submit your application or mail in a check to the university
- If paying by check or money order, make payable to Texas A&M University – Texarkana; include your (student’s) full name, application term, and ID number
- Send us all official college transcripts
- You must submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended.
- An official transcript bears the original signature of a school official and/or an official school seal.
- Must be received in a sealed envelope either from the issuing institution or hand delivered and/or electronically via SPEEDE, eScript-SAFE, Parchment, or National Student Clearing House. Emailed transcripts will not be accepted as an official document. Please note that unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Additional Items
- Military transcript(s)
- Some of the courses taken while serving in the military may be applicable to certain degree plans.
- Proof of credit awarded by examination
- Submit proof of credit earned through Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD), or other.
- Military transcript(s)
The applicant must request official transcripts from all colleges and universities that he or she has ever attended. These transcripts include correspondence courses and credit obtained through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (Dantes), and Advanced Placement (AP) Exam.
If a student is or has been a member of any branch of the military, he or she has an Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART), or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript.
A student cannot disregard any part of the college record except under provisions of the Academic Fresh Start Policy.
Failure to submit all transcripts could result in administrative withdrawal from the university. Students cannot use records from one institution posted on a transcript from a second institution for admission purposes. Students can hand deliver transcripts and test scores (CLEP, Dantes, and AP) in a sealed envelope, or the issuing college or university can mail the documents directly. The university will also accept transcripts in electronic form from an official source such as Parchment, Speede, eScript, etc..
Please use the physical address as the mailing address when requesting transcripts and test scores:
Texas A&M University -Texarkana
7101 University Avenue
Texarkana, TX 75503
- or -
Students must submit any work attempted at another college subsequent to admission to the university whether or not students earned credit. Transcripts become the property of the university, and the university cannot return the transcripts to the student. The university will keep the transcripts on file for one year only if the student does not enroll.
All regionally accredited coursework will be evaluated by our admissions counselors once the transcript is received.